Monday, March 25, 2013

New Works To Come, And Future Plans

Am currently working on 2 new solos:

1. With the Wind

Inspired by my trip to Greece, with the wonderful winds of Meltemi in the summer, I hear the voices of a beautiful song in my head, and with that, I was inspired to just fly, with the winds, in my very special piece. Coming out in May.

2. This would be a specially commisioned piece for my dear friend Pearly, an avant-garde a fashion designer, showing off her piece at her exhibition event at Minut Init.

Apart from that, I am also planning on a production, with nature themed choreography, possibly reworking some old works as well as adding in new ones. It would be made up of contemporary dance and improvisational pieces.

I love, love love, to choreograph for people, and I wish for it to be something that can help me nurture and inspire dancers in the process, for it to open up opportunities to all sorts of dancers, including amateurs, late beginners/intermediate dancers to perform. If things work out smoothly, it will happen at the end of the year.


I will start conducting auditions once more things are confirmed. Until then, if you are highly enthusiastic to participate, stay tuned by emailing movenphil@gmail.com or like my facebook page.

Until next time, love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grief

Grief...     As human beings, it is inevitable that we will encounter losses and pains, in one way or another...    And in it, we grief.  Ye...